TECOM leads the Marine Corps Training and Education continuum from individual entry-level training, professional military education and continuous professional development, through unit, collective, and service-level training in order to produce warfighters and enhance warfighting organizations that enable the FMF to build and sustain the combat readiness required to fight and win today and in the future.
1) Adaptive, Decisive Marines. Marines that can operate in a maritime environment (or elsewhere), capable of determined, intelligent action in the face of uncertainty; and make effective, dynamic adjustments in response to changing situations and conditions.
2) Interoperable Units Capable of Decisive Effect. Marine units that can operate inside actively contested maritime spaces in support of fleet operations or wherever our role as the nation’s naval expeditionary force-in-readiness takes us.
3) Foundation for Information Age Learning and Assessments Focused on Outcomes. A training and education (T&E) continuum transformed from an industrial age model to an information age learning model using new methods and approaches, new tools, and leveraging environments that advance our intellectual edge in warfighting and focus on naval integration across the T&E continuum.
- Transform civilians into Marines, imbued with our warrior ethos and reflecting Marine Corps’ ethics and core values.
- Provide every Marine the core skills of their assigned MOS to enable them to function in the Operating Forces.
- Provide Marines education that improves their decision making and allows them to assume increased responsibility.
- Develop, coordinate, execute, and maintain a Service-level MAGTF training and assessment program.
- Provide home-station training enablers to ensure Operating Forces can function as MAGTFs in joint environments.