Procedures for submission of school seats.
1. The request must first be submitted through the local chain of command. The process will include the Marine being registered by the unit and in return the unit will request funding for the Marine for the course. All funding letters will be then sent to the command that submitted the Marine for the course.
2. If command is having issues getting a quota for the course, they can contact the MOS Manager to get verification/clarification for the school seat and available quotas. MOS Manager can submit the Marine for the course but the command will have to finish the process. (Requesting funding for the course through worldwide travel)
Funding for the course has to be submitted no later than 3 working days prior to the start of the class, after that it will not be funded.
*JUST BECAUSE THE MARINE IS ENROLLED DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE AUTOMATICALLY FUNDED. FUNDING MUST BE REQUESTED/APPROVED AND YOU MUST HAVE THE FUNDING LETTER FROM TECOM.
3. If MOS Manager is to be contacted to fill a school seat for your Marine, and this is the last resort, the following needs to happen.
- The request needs to be approved throughout your chain of command. MOS Manager will need an email confirming this.
- MOS Manager will need the Marines first and last name, rank and DoD id number.
- Ensure the Marine has meet all of the requirements for the course. (If you don't know these you can look them up or call MOS Manager.)
- MOS Manager will enroll the Marine as well as request funding for the Marine under the LPE sponsor.
- Once received all information will be forwarded to the POC within the Marines chain of command.
Remember that rental cars are at the expense of the command, they are not TECOM funded for the school. They will be required to live out in town due to the lodging situation on post. Ensure you Marine has a Government Credit Card prior to leaving, if they do not, ensure that they have all the advances that they need prior to leaving.