Welcome to FMTB-W
S-1 ADMINISTRATION AND PERSONNEL
1. BAS will stop for all students while attending FMTB.
BAS IS AN ALLOWANCE FOR YOU THE SAILOR, NOT FOR YOUR DEPENDENTS. EVERY STUDENT WILL RECEIVE UP TO A $310 MEAL DEDUCTION PER MONTH WHILE AT FMTB.
2. BAH. If you are currently married your BAH will continue at the rate from where you came from unless your ultimate duty station is in the Oceanside or San Diego area. However, if you are receiving BAH single or BAH for a mil to mil marriage you will not be entitled to the allowance unless you route a special request chit and maintain a residence in the surrounding area i.e. Oceanside, San Diego, Temecula.
3. Advance Travel/Pay- Students are entitled to these payments upon PCS transfer from FMTB. The payment is usually made at minimum of 10 working days prior to transfer from FMTB.
4. FSA-T. This allowance will be paid for members whose dependents who are unaccompanied, reside over 50 miles away, and are funded on the pcs orders. This allowance will be paid after being onboard for 30 days.
1. If you currently received a flight from your previous command, you do not have to put in a Passenger Reservation Request(PRR). If not let the S1 staff know of your intentions if you plan on driving to your next command or fly we need to be aware.
2. If you plan on taking leave you will need to call SATO to arrange the flight to go to your leave destination at your own cost. Once leave is elected/not elected, it cannot be changed.
3. If flight was booked by the previous command and the departure from FMTB is prior to 1500 on graduation day the flight will need to be modified and re-ticketed for a later time. Re-ticketed flights will need to be done by the ticket issuing Navy Passenger Transportation Office (NAVPTO).
4. All OCONUS flights will depart from San Diego International Airport. Rerouting of international flights is not authorized.
1. You will not be authorized to change your orders while you are Field Medical Training Battalion. No order swaps or modifications will be authorized. The only way orders can change is if you get recycled to the next class, disenrolled or special circumstances.
2. If you would like spouse co location try to have your current command do your paperwork prior to attending school. If there is not time inform the Command Career Counselor the first week of class so that a special 1306 request can be send to PERS. Please have your spouse’s social security numbers on hand with your last 3-5 evals.
3. Any reenlistments and PTS must be complete at your command prior to you attending Field Medical Training Battalion. This is a intermediate stop before moving to your ultimate duty station and due to the rigorous schedule there is not time to wait on PTS or reenlistment approval. Commands should not allow Sailors to PCS without PTS or reenlistment approval.
4. Sailors wishing to try out for RECON 8427 must be screened by Special Ops IDC at FMTB. Once approved a RECON package must be sent to PERS in order to get an order modification to the RECON pipeline.
5. Sailors taking advancement exams must present the ESO a copy of your last evaluation and a copy of any awards that are not accounted for prior to the advancement date.